Woodland Scarf Kit
For your next stitching project why not try something beautiful AND practical. This gorgeous linen scarf is embroidered with woodland motifs of mushrooms and tiny flowers, but of course you are encouraged to let your imagination take hold and add your own special touches to what will become a special piece of 'wearable art'.
• 1 mushroom-making fabric pack with a variety of reclaimed and vintage fabrics in your choice of reds, blues, or greens
• 4 skeins of 'Cottage Garden Threads' hand dyed stranded cotton threads in Ash (#201), Bonnie Brook (#415), Tea Rose (#805) and Chinese Lantern (#1).
• 'Woodland' scarf printed pattern
The fabrics included in the mushroom-making kit are small pieces designed to get you started, but you can also include special fabrics and embellishments from your own treasured stash. The fabrics in this pack were sourced during my trip through France in early 2019, when I made it my mission to gather together a delightful collection of special pieces from the places I loved.
It may include pieces such as:
• Printed cotton from Les Olivades factory in St Étienne-du-Grès in Provence
• Remnants of handkerchief cotton (known as cambric or batiste), from Cambrai in France and renowned the world over for its lustre
• Block-printed linen found in a small brocante in southern France
• Yarn-dyed ginghams and delightful seersucker
• Raw, unbleached linens (I love these for their “slubby” texture)
• Hand-loomed linen from Latvia
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
• 50cm x 1.8m (24” x 2yds) of lightweight linen in a colour of your choice for the scarf
• Vintage lace, trim or bobbles measuring a total of 50cm for the scarf ends